Requirements for Career Exploration Discussion/Presentation
Once you have signed up for a career to present, you should begin your research. You will compile information (as outlined below) on your career that you plan to present. All of this information will be compiled in an interested, appealing way on your Weebly site on a separate page tab. Plan on discussing the career you choose for at least 10-15 minutes with the class on the day you have signed up.
You will come to class with the following:
* A brief explanation of the career (in your own words)
* Some sample, possibly noteworthy people who have this career (provide links to their web sites if possible)
* Provide further readings for the class to learn about this career (linked on your site)
* The potential salary for this career
* The necessary skills for this career
* A sample "day in the life" of someone for this career
* A sample of the type of work done by someone with this career
* The necessary education for this career Suggestion: link possible programs that would prepare you for this career
* A suggested or sample job search; are any jobs available or advertised for this position? Provide a sample for the class.